For the marinade:
4 red chillies, seeds removed, roughly chopped
2 tbsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinches ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
6 spring onions
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp clear honey
For the steak and sauce:
4 rib-eye steaks, about 250-300g each
reserved jerk marinade, (made from above)
clear honey, to taste
1. For the marinade: put all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend to make a paste. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Spread 2 tablespoons of the paste through each steak, coating both sides, and set aside the remainder of the paste. Cover the steaks with cling film and place them in the electric refrigerator to marinade for at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
3. Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 30 minutes before you want to cook them and heat a barbecue.
4. Barbecue the steaks over a fierce heat for 3-4 minutes, turning once (for medium rare; cook the steak longer if you prefer your steak medium to well done). Leave to rest, covered, on a warm plate for 5 minutes.
5. Heat the reserved paste in a small pan. Add water to bring it to a sauce consistency and stir in honey, to taste.
6. Serve the steaks with the sauce, along with potato wedges and griddled pieces of pineapple on the side.
griddled pieces of pineapples
- No related posts found